Get inspiration for your business to succeed with design work. check out the blogs below to learn
about important fact about graphic design you may have never seen or heard.
20 Apr 2020
20 Compelling Facts About App Design That Show How Important It Is In 2020
Remember the time when Apple came out with their trademark slogan “there’s an app for that”? Well, this was way back in 2009, when the total number of apps (Google + iOS app store + others) available was only some several thousand.
Flash forward to 2020, Apple’s trademark slogan justified itself enormously with over 5 million apps available today for smartphone users globally.
There’s an app for almost everything available today at either of the two most popular app stores (Google play store + Apple app store).
The market for mobile applications has increased substantially in the last decade and is expected to continue its rapid growth in the coming years.
Any business, small or big, today needs to have a well designed mobile app in order to capture audience engagement and attraction towards their brand. And this is only one of the many facts which show the importance of having a well-planned app design.
Today, we are going to share with you 20 such compelling facts about mobile apps that will show you how important app design has always been and is going to be in 2020 as well.
1. It has been observed during a survey that people prefer mobile apps over websites with over 80% of users spending their time on a mobile phone.
2. Mobile apps are expected to generate a whopping $189 billion in revenue by the end of 2020.
3. The top two app stores rake up the majority of mobile apps worldwide. Apple App Store has 2.2 million apps available for download, while 2.8 million apps are available for download on the Google Play Store.
4. A survey showed that nearly 21% of the millennials open an app 50+ times per day.
5. Another survey showed that 49% of all users open an app 11+ times each day.
6. Did you know that 57% of all digital media usage comes from mobile apps?
7. According to a verified source, the average smartphone owner uses 30 apps each month.
8. A majority of apps are designed and developed for two or more platforms; commonly for Android and iOS.
9. 74% of mobile app developers use two or more platforms at the same time.
10. The top 4 most downloaded apps globally are all Facebook-owned. Facebook, Messenger, WhatsApp, and Instagram.
12. Interestingly, a staggering 98% of app revenue worldwide comes from free apps.
13. India is the second-largest app market after the USA.
14. The majority of WhatsApp users (68%+) are from India. This represents India as an emerging market for the app development and IT industry.
15. Close to 90% of the time spent with mobile is on some or the other app.
16. Over 65% of mobile users spend the majority of their time on social media apps.
17. A survey conducted on mobile usage in the US revealed that an average adult spends 4 hours and 39 minutes only on communications apps. This is around 1/5th of the day.
18. The gaming category dominates the Apple App Store. DIY tool apps are downloaded the most from the Google Play store.
19. Research shows that there are between 60 and 90 apps installed on the average smartphone.
20. 75% of apps are used just once after being downloaded, and then never used again.
When you go through these mind-blowing facts about mobile apps you realize how important it is to focus on your app design in order to make it a success. You, definitely, cannot expect a 100% iteration rate for your mobile applications; however, you can ensure maximum downloads by working on your app design.
And who better than a professional graphic design service e provider to help you come up with an app design which can really work wonders for your business? Connect with us at GraphicsZoo to get your own custom app design. We offer creative app design ideas and services for businesses across all industries.
25 Mar 2020
4 Grave Design Mistakes Which are Killing Your Marketing Results
Someone wise once said, “One must never be afraid to ma