There’re no two ways to say this; customer reviews and testimonials are no less than a golden asset for a business to flourish.
Testimonials are the statements testifying to benefits received by consumers and, hence, hold a lot of importance in creating a strong brand reputation for a business.
It is because of this that having a well-designed testimonial page as a part of any website’s UX design plan is a must.
Here, in this article, we are sharing with you 25 extraordinary statistics that show the power of a well-designed testimonial page and its importance for the success of a business.
- 92% of customers read online reviews before buying.
- 72% of consumers say positive testimonials and reviews increase their trust in a business.
- 70% of people trust reviews and recommendations from strangers.
- 88% of consumers say reviews influence their online purchasing decisions.
- 88% of consumers trust online testimonials and reviews as much as recommendations from friends or family.
- 97% of B2B customers cited testimonials and peer recommendations as to the most reliable type of content.
- 86% of customers said online reviews were at least “moderately important” when they were shopping for a new product.
- 72% of consumers will take action only after reading a positive review.
- 10 or more reviews can increase in search traffic
- Using customer testimonials regularly can generate approximately 62% more revenue.
- Customer testimonials placed alongside more expensive items increased conversion rates by 380%.
- Increasing a business’s Yelp rating by one star can increase revenue by 5-9%.
- On average, testimonials on sales pages increase conversions by 34%.
- Customers who interact with reviews are 58% more likely to buy.
- Customers who interact with reviews spend 3% more on average per order
- Customer testimonials and case studies are considered the most effective content marketing tactics, identified by 89% and 88%, respectively, of B2B marketers.
- 92% of people will trust a recommendation from a peer, and 70% of people will trust a recommendation from someone they don’t even know.
- 79% of people have watched a video testimonial to find out more about a company, product, or service.
- 2 out of 3 people say they’d be more likely to make a purchase after watching a testimonial video demonstrating how a business, product, or service had helped another person like them.
- 59% of executives would rather watch a video than reading text on the same topic.
- 37% of people believe testimonial videos are effective because they’re more authentic than a business’ own pitch.
- 47% of people say testimonial videos are effective because they help visualize how a product or service actually works.
- 39% of people say testimonial videos are effective because they help illustrate the impact a product or service can have on their life.
- 42% of people say testimonial videos are effective because they showcase an actual person and help the viewer understand their story.
- Displaying reviews for higher-priced products can increase conversion rates by 380%
As you can see now, having a well-designed testimonial page for your website is as important as any other UX design element.
Looking for professional support with your website designs? We can help!
Get in touch with us, today, at email@example.com