A website is the digital representation of a business setup. Irrespective of how big or small the business is, it is the website design that plays a huge role in incapacitating the company to expand as a brand and becoming profitable.
The opinion that a website visitor creates for a company is largely based on the overall design of the website.
And, in 2020, the trend has only escalated to a higher level.
Companies, now, understand that if they want to rise above the competition in the market, and not simply sustain, they need to diligently work on their website’s design. And, because of this, a sudden surge in the demand for skilled and professional graphic designers is witnessed.
A lot of businesses are, also, opting to outsource their graphic design services to professional agencies which are another brilliant way to create trendy and custom website designs for their business.
However, the digital platform is an ever-changing one and in order to sustain unabating business growth, owners (as well as designers) need to stay updated with the trends and stats.
So, if you are a business owner, or a professional designer working for a brand, looking to make substantial growth in online branding, then you need to check out these 30 unbelievable website design statistics for 2020 that will help you understand what your customers really want.
2. There are 4.45 billion internet users worldwide.
3. Two out of three people prefer to read beautifully designed content.
4. 90% of people use multiple screens sequentially.
5. Only 64% of small businesses have a website in 2019.
6. Mobile devices account for nearly 70% of all internet traffic.
7. The design has a 75% influence on a website’s credibility.
9. Users spend an average of 5.94 seconds looking at a website’s main image.
10. 88% of online consumers will not return to a website following a bad experience.
11. 74% of users will likely return to mobile-friendly websites.
12. On average, users spend 5.59 seconds on a website’s written content.
13. 66% of customers claim that they won’t buy products that do not come in their color of interest.
14. 38% of visitors will stop browsing a website if the layout is unattractive.
15. 70% of small business websites lack a Call to Action (CTA) on their homepage
16. 69% of North American marketers say dynamic, personalized content is important for their website.
17. 51% of people think “thorough contact information” is the most important element missing from many company websites.
19. 47% of website visitors check out a company’s products/services page before looking at any other sections of the site.
20. Once on a company’s homepage, 52% of visitors want to see “about us” information.
21.48% of people cited a website’s design as the number one factor in deciding the credibility of a business.
22. 68% of the companies that developed a mobile-first website saw a rise in sales.
23. 62% of companies increased their sales by designing responsive mobile platforms for their websites.
24. 73% of companies are investing in design to differentiate their brands.
25. According to web design statistics, 65% of marketers believe using visual assets is essential for conveying a brand.
26. Web design stats show 70% of people look at lists with bullet points.
27. 61.5% of visitors leave websites with lousy navigation.
29. 41% of consumers will stop engaging with a page if the content is too long.
30. 61.5% cite expressive typography as the game-changer in web designs in 2020.
The success of your business website relies extensively on the overall design of the website which helps define the user experience and user interface. And, all of these web design stats and facts are enough proof that website design is crucial for your brand.
So, it is important that you are taking all the necessary steps to ensure the appropriate design for your website.
If you have been witnessing a low performance of your website or not as expected, it could very well be due to a lack of custom website design.
GraphicsZoo can help you find the right balance in your website design pattern. Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get your own website design done by skilled and experienced professionals.