There is no denying the fact that the world has, practically, shifted to a mobile-first lifestyle. Be it for shopping, booking flights/hotels, ordering food, or simply checking out a new website; most internet users are doing it from their smartphones.
This substantially established the fact that businesses need to focus on their website’s responsive design now more than ever.
As a business owner, you can spend heftily on your website’s UI/UX design to make it look great on a laptop or PC. However, if you miss out on the details of responsive design, it can cost your business a lot.
This goes to show why every business, irrespective of its size and industry, must involve professional graphic designers for the success of their digital marketing plans.
And, for those of you who still don’t believe what we are saying, here are 50 mobile usage statistics that will show why professional graphic design is important and, why you must outsource graphic design services to professional agencies.
1. As of today (2021), the count of mobile phone users in the world is 3.8 billion; which is nearly 50% of the world’s population.
2. 80% of internet users were recorded using their smartphones to search the internet.
3. 40% of online transactions are done using a mobile device.
4. Consumers spending hit $930 billion, using mobile payment applications
5. Globally, mobile ad spend is projected to hit more than $247 billion by 2021.
6. Mobile search ad spending is estimated to be over $32 billion in 2021.
7. More than 50% of websites are using responsive web design technologies that work for all devices.
8. More than 3/4 of shoppers use mobile devices along with physical shopping.
9. In 2019, mobile advertising accounted for 72% of all U.S. digital ad spending.
10. Nearly half of the users read reviews of all purchases on their mobile phones.
11. Website speed is important for more than half of mobile users.
12. When it comes to the United States, 63% of Google’s visits are via a mobile device.
13. In 2020, 48.62% of all web traffic was recorded to have arrived through mobile phones. This is expected to go beyond 56% by the end of 2021.
14. 50% of smartphone owners now check mobile devices, first thing in the morning.
15. Average smartphone users used their phones for more than 4 hours a day.
16. Nearly half of mobile users switch to your competitor instead, after a bad experience with your mobile site.
17. 57% of consumers said: A business with a poorly designed mobile website is not likely to be recommended.
18. Google might now eliminate your webpage from rankings in a mobile search (SERPs) if your webpage is not mobile-friendly
19. More than half of mobile consumers who are let down by a mobile version of a website think negative about the business itself
20. It takes less than a second for a mobile user to reach an opinion about your website.
21. Nearly half of users will stop using a website on a mobile device if they find content is useless or the layout is complicated
22. 9 out of 10 customers are lost due to a lower mobile-friendly experience
23. Slow loading images put off half of the users from using a webpage
24. 2 second loading time for a webpage is a default standard for web page loading on a mobile device
25. By 2022, mobile data traffic is expected to reach 77.5 exabytes per month
26. Most popular usage of mobile internet is for watching movies or videos online, followed by email and social media
27. 3 out of 4 teens regularly make purchases online now.
28. 20% of millennials open an app at least 50 times a day.
29. 71% of teenagers watch an average of over 3 hours of videos online daily.
30. 78% of teenagers now have access to a mobile device.
31. A friend's recommendation is the top influencing factor for teenagers to make a purchase (huge potential for social media marketing).
32. With GenZ now purchasing 70% of the time online and using smart devices, the current market size stands at $30.8 billion.
33. 53% of teens now value social media followers equal to social currency.
Here’s an article that explains how to create a website for different generations.
34. 82% of customers use their mobile phones while making a decision about purchasing in-store.
35. A good mobile experience improves the opinion of a brand: 61% of the survey people.
36. A slow page can result in 97% mobile shopping cart abandonment.
37. 80% of buyers used their mobiles inside a store for product reviews, price comparison, and alternative options, and other store locations.
38. 62% of people use their mobiles for price comparison.
39. Mobile-influenced offline spending was more than $1 Trillion.
40. Voice search comprised of 1.8 Billion of the retail segment in the US alone.
41. Android searches comprise 25% of US voice searches.
42. 60% of smartphone users had tried voice search at least once in the past 12 months.
43. 75% of Google mobile search ad revenue came from Apple devices.
44. 40% of all mobile searches are for a local business or interest.
45. 88% of consumers, searching for a local business using mobile devices end up calling or visiting the business.
46. 33% of a mobile phone search for local companies is for the business location.
47. 61% of consumers contacted a local business with a mobile-optimized website.
48. By 2021, mobile devices will account for $1.4 trillion in location-based sales.
49. 68% of consumers provided a local business review upon request, using a mobile phone.
50. 85% of consumers read and trust online reviews on mobile phones as much as personal recommendations.
If, even these 50 tremendously startling mobile usage statistics are not enough to convince you, let our design experts explain to you more on the importance of making your website mobile-friendly; and how it can be done.
Get in touch, today, at firstname.lastname@example.org