"Don't use social media to impress people; use it to impact people."
- Dave Willis
Social media, over the years, has turned into a huge asset for businesses across several verticals. Companies apply social media marketing strategies through remarketing and other advertising methods to lure the audience to their website to eventually convert them into potential buyers.
Social media banner designs play a huge role in attracting such an audience and, therefore, hold a lot of importance for the success of any business.
So, today, we’ll discuss the importance of social media banner designs by answering 3 critical questions:
- Why are social media banner designs important?
- How can you create effective social media banner designs?
- What is the ideal banner design size for different social media channels?
Honestly, the first thing which grabs a visitor’s attention on your social media page is the banner. It is a visual representation of who you are and what you offer. Therefore, having a consistent design across the social media board will allow you to be instantly recognized and will help to drive engagement and increase conversion.
A survey suggests that visitors who are retargeted with display ads are 70% more likely to convert on the website. And that’s just one aspect of it.
A social media banner solves multiple purposes for business; such as
- Providing information about the business.
- Navigating the audience to the website.
- Effective source for online campaigns.
- Works as helpful material for affiliate partners and industry allies for marketing.
Because of these factors, and more, it is imperative for companies to design their social media banners strategically such that they solve the purpose.
Now that we understand the importance of having impactful social media banner designs, let’s dive into the process of creating the same.
In order to design a social media banner simply follow the below steps:
- The color scheme must match the colors used in your website and other marketing materials; such as brochures, business cards, logos, etc.
- Ensure to use your company logo in the image. The placement must be such that it is easily visible but should not be a distraction.
- Get the design created by professionals, and don’t simply use any image available online. The images which you use in the design must be attention-grabbing.
- Add attractive taglines and keep the text limit to a bare minimum. Mention only the information which you think is unavoidable. Lesser the text, the clearer, and more attractive the design will be.
- If you are stuck for banner design ideas, you can always take inspiration from your competitors. Obviously, you must not copy them, just gain a perspective on what works and what doesn’t. What do the best in your business look like?
- Create multiple designs and run A/B tests to see which design works the best for your set goals.
Each social media platform has a different size requirement which means that your banner design may look good on one site but may cut off completely on another.
So, in order to maintain a professional appearance, it is imperative that you spend a little time working on your visuals.
Here is a list of recommended banner dimensions to follow for popular social media platforms;
Creating unique and effective social media banner designs for your business pages can be very helpful for your brand promotion and awareness. If you have been struggling with your social media banner designs and are looking for a professional graphic design company to handle it for you, you’re your search ends here. GraphicsZoo offers great social media banner design ideas and services. Contact us for more information at email@example.com
Join the thousands of subscribers, learning about how we’re helping businesses grow.