Social media is clearly one of the largest and most impactful digital marketing pillars that are used by brands to interact, engage, and convert target consumers.
But, when we talk about social media marketing, it is largely the visual aesthetics that come into play for businesses to create a strong identity and brand value. And, therefore, it would not be an overstatement to say that using professional graphics design for social media is crucial.
Considering this, we have, today, compiled 22 social media statistics that are directly connected to professional graphics design and show why businesses should invest in it.
1. Social media ad spend has increased by approx 30%
This shows how important it is to ensure that your banner ad design is on point and is designed well enough to attract the audience.
2. User engagement on social media leads to continuous brand interaction
After following a brand on social media, consumers continue to engage in various ways. 91% visit the brand’s website or app, 89% will buy from the brand and 85% will recommend the brand to a family or friend.
3. Marketers will prioritize CX for the next 5 years
Customer experience is the core of every UX/UI design project. You canread more about it in our extensive blog here.
4. Users expect to interact with AR on social media more in 2021
Augmented reality is another very crucial aspect of UX design that has seen an exponential increase in popularity in the last decade. In fact, according to a report by eMarketer 30% of people interacted with augmented reality (AR) social media content on a monthly basis. In 2021, that number is expected to grow by a further 7.2%; reaching a total of 46.9 million users.
5. Podcast ad spending to hit $1 billion in 2021
Adding podcasts to your marketing plan can work really well, and that too requires professional graphic design in order to improve the number of subscribers. The competition in this segment is, also, expected to increase several folds in 2021.
6. 2021 predicted average time spent on mobile devices: 4 hours, 6 minutes
This shows the importance of creating mobile-friendly designs and working on mobile app designs at the same time.
7. The retail social commerce in the US is predicted to grow 35% in 2021
With the purchase pattern of users shifting on to digital platforms, retail spending through social media is expected to see a rapid increase. Thus, requiring focused market designing.
8. Poor graphic design can lead to extensive unfollowing on social media
The top four reasons consumers will unfollow a brand on social media are poor quality of product or support (49%), poor customer service (49%), irrelevant content (45%), and too many ads (45%).
9. Social media graphics create brand trust
According to a report from Statista, 39% of customers only trust brands if they have interacted with them on social platforms.
10. Custom website design helps in improving social media traffic
The most successful B2B content marketers reported that the top two contributing factors were the value their content provides (83%) and website changes (60%).
11. The number of social media users is expected to cross the 4 billion mark by 2025
Globally, over 3.6 billion people use social media and the number is only projected to increase to 4.41 billion in 2025.
12. Internet users spend an average of 144 minutes on social media per day.
Goes to show the window of opportunity your business has to attract and engage a user with your brand on social media and convert them into a loyal customer.
13. 90% of brands want to build brand awareness through social media
According to the same Hootsuite study, 77% of businesses use social media to maintain brand reputation, while 71% of them use it for building and managing an engaged community. 61% use it to increase conversions and 50% of them use it to gain customer or market insights.
14. Social media graphics help promote online purchase
In America alone, 76% of consumers have been observed to make a purchase for a product (or service) after seeing a brand’s social post.
15. Consumer demographics also play an important role
Millennials are more likely to buy a product online (52%) than in stores (48%). 71% of Baby Boomers, on the other hand, prefer to shop in stores.
Check out this article on how to design a website for different age-groups
16. Images are the top content type that users like to interact with on social media
When asked what type of content they like to engage with, 68% of consumers preferred images, 50% preferred videos and 30% enjoyed text-based posts.
17. 70% of the total US population has social network accounts, totaling a number of 231.47 million people and growing 3.1% between 2019 and 2020.
18. In the US, 76% of all females use social media, compared to 72% of all men
19. Facebook design is important
If we go by individual social media platforms, 69% of all adults in the US are using Facebook. While images posted by Facebook pages are the most shared (55.6%) compared to other post types it has also been noticed that it increases to 97% in B2C marketing.
20. Instagram is all about visual graphics
83% of Instagram users discover new products and services on the platform. 70% of shopping enthusiasts turn to Instagram for product discovery.
You can read more such fascinating Instagram statistics in this article.
21. Facts prove the importance of working on the Twitter design
85% of SMB users on Twitter say providing customer service there is important. 93% of brand followers on Twitter plan to buy from them.
22. Can’t ignore LinkedIn design for social media planning
LinkedIn is one of the most preferred social media platforms, especially, for B2B businesses. While 89% of B2B marketers rely on LinkedIn for lead generation, 45% of marketers have gained customers through LinkedIn. LinkedIn is generating revenue for 38% of B2B marketers.
Looking to create awesome social media designs for your brand? Let us know your requirements at firstname.lastname@example.org